Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

questions on software

Posted by andybyte 
questions on software
March 06, 2014 05:48PM
I am a software enthusiast. I purchase all of my software totally legally and I have never pirated anything and never will.

My question is about purchasing software from the USA. I just want to keep it general for now. The prices for software in Australia can be ludicrous. So can the bizarre requirements to "go through a dealer" in some 1950's style business model that prevents a direct download. Then there is some software such as vray that can not be legally purchased in Australia because of licencing restrictions but it can be bought in the most obscure Caribbean islands!

In my opinion Australia gets a very raw deal in software purchasing.

Thus what are my options for getting software from the USA? Is there any issue in it being geoblocked - it might only work in the USA so if it recognises usage in Australia it says " uh huh no way buddy this software closes now?"

I like a lot of 3D software. So Rhino 3D would be one example. You have through a dealer in Australia to get it. My God that sucks. Is the first rule of business school to STOP people from buying your product?

I don't know if I want to/should buy anything. I just want to throw this area of purchasing around and see what response I get.

A few weeks ago I bought formz from a website. Wait for it! This gets funny. I got emailed by the Australian dealer who told me that only a website glitch had allowed me to buy it! I was required to go through a dealer! Oh man. Is Dwight Eisenhower still in power? Basically I told the dealer to shove it and he hasn't emailed me back.

The weird wacky world of software. It's nowhere near a mature, gloablised marketplace yet I am sorry to say.
Re: questions on software
March 06, 2014 05:52PM
Apoloigise for the grammar errors! Was thinking of other things sad smiley
March 06, 2014 06:00PM
I may not be totally accurate about vray. It may be possible to buyit here now. It didn't use to be. But even if it is a dealer must be contacted which is plain stupid.
March 06, 2014 06:13PM
You can certainly buys software via my service without problem. The only issue is the license that comes with the software. If the license prevents you using it outside of the USA then you will run into problems if you want to follow the license conditions. Of course you can choose to ignore the license conditions, but this is not something that I can recommend.

Carolina Tillett
Price USA Support
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login