Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Ice hockey sticks

Posted by swineanddine 
Ice hockey sticks
December 01, 2013 12:14PM
Hi,
I'm thinking of getting a couple of ice hockey sticks from the states.

At this point I'm unsure of the size of the box or the weight (most likely large, skinny box but only a couple of pounds in weight).

Are you able to recall any previous sales you have done that included ice hockey sticks...just so i can get a ball park figure on shipping???

Cheers
Re: Ice hockey sticks
December 01, 2013 01:16PM
Hocky sticks are too long to ship any other way other than UPS (express). Because UPS is based on volume as well as weight they can be pretty expensive to ship. It would make most sense to order a few at a time as the cost per stick will be much less.

Carolina Tillett
Price USA Support
December 01, 2013 01:17PM
Absolutely! I have worked with several customers with Ice Hockey sticks and equipment and am also a hockey wife and mom. I have become quite adept at packing up hockey sticks and can say that a couple of composite sticks in adult size will ship fairly easily. Due to the size of the box needed it will need to ship via UPS and although most sticks are lightweight, the height of the box comes into play. In general 2 composite hockey sticks of average size for an adult will be about 25lbs volumetric weight and they weight about 7-10 lbs. Please keep in mind that this is just an estimate based on previous sales I have processed. This is not an official quote.

There are several websites that currently have sales on hockey equipment including Hockey Monkey and Ice Warehouse. I purchase from these sites myself frequently for my family so I do know that their sales can be quite good from time to time.

We look forward to assisting you!

Aelyese Mauk
US Agent
December 02, 2013 06:40PM
thanks Aelyese. Your answer is exactly the ballpark figure i was looking for.

I'll punch it into the calculator and see what comes. I'll look to do this most likely just after the new year.

Cheers
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login