Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Can you just handle the shipping only?

Posted by Seeker372011 
Can you just handle the shipping only?
April 08, 2012 03:17PM
Hi

I havevalready ordered and paid for the item. The vendor will ship it to Australia, but have a company rule that prevents them from using USPS.

The alternative, UPS is much more expensive. From past experience, irrespective of the value, customs here charge you a fee if a courier is used, and don't if USPS is used. (it's going to be less than 1000 dollars )

I can have it delivered to a US address but would like it shipped USPS with appropriate insurance to Australia

Is this somethingyouncan help with?

thanks
Re: Can you just handle the shipping only?
April 09, 2012 07:39AM
Unfortunately not. With my service my US partners have to buy the item. The reason for this is there are very complex and strict rules with shipping items you don't own via the postal service. To have someone legally forward your items you need to complete the USPS 1583 form ( [about.usps.com] ). What makes it impossible to do this in Australia is this clause :

The applicant must execute this form in duplicate in the presence of the agent, his or her authorized employee, or a notary public. The agent provides the original completed signed PS Form 1583 to the Postal Service and retains a duplicate completed signed copy at the CMRA business location.

Basically unless you fly to the USA to sign this form then nobody in the USA can actually legally ship something to you that you own.

I can add that UPS don't charge you a fee unless the order total is over $1000.
April 09, 2012 05:36PM
Ok, thanks for that
April 10, 2012 08:12AM
Not a problem. It would be much easier for us all if we could legally ship items that my US partners didn't buy, but the way the law is now this really isn't possible.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login