Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Ordering things...

Posted by ash47 
Ordering things...
March 18, 2012 07:13PM
From what I gather, we tell you what we want to order, then we pay you, and you order it.

If this is correct, can I just provide you with my account, that has all the coupons already applied and has my cart ready to ship?

Thanks tongue sticking out smiley
Re: Ordering things...
March 19, 2012 07:26AM
Hi Ash

You tell us what you want to order by filling out the order form (just click on the "order" tab). My US partners use their own accounts to order so it is not possible to use your account, but you can include all the coupon codes, etc.
Re: Ordering things...
March 19, 2012 06:25PM
I'm actually in Australia as an exchange student, and they offer student discounts if you select you're college / university, can you still do something like that?


I'm also wondering about the weight and dimensions of the box, it is free shipping and it only says the weight of the product, I'm not sure if the box weights more, or what the exact dimensions of the boxes are, should I just check with their online support or something?


"There an additional handling fee of 5% of the order total when paying by paypal or credit card."
What other methods can I use to avoid this 5%?

I'm looking at the costs, just want to verify I understand them properly:

Item Cost + Delivery Protection + USA shipping + Shipping & Handling to Australia + Return Protection

Item costs, just for arguments sake, lets say $1000 (probably gonna be a little less)

Delivery Protection = 2.5% of 1000 + USA Shipping (which is free), so $25

USA shipping + Shipping & Handling to Australia
USA Shipping is free, from reading the order form, it's gonna cost between $20 and $70 (not sure since I don't know how much it weighs)

Return Protection, I don't really want this, since I'm not allowed to return the product (it's engraved), and unless it breaks down within a few months, I'll be back in the USA soon and I can just send it in myself.


1000 U.S. dollars = 943.218261 Australian dollars

I see that it's 3 cents off, so it's gonna cost me around $1000 for a $1000 product, including shipping.


I'd just like to ensure I'm reading this all properly, and if so, I will consider ordering tongue sticking out smiley
Re: Ordering things...
March 19, 2012 06:26PM
Couldn't find the edit button:

In my final cost, I forgot to mension the Shipping to Australia, which will bring it to just over $1000
Re: Ordering things...
March 20, 2012 05:39AM
ash47 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm actually in Australia as an exchange student,
> and they offer student discounts if you select
> you're college / university, can you still do
> something like that?

Not normally.

> I'm also wondering about the weight and dimensions
> of the box, it is free shipping and it only says
> the weight of the product, I'm not sure if the box
> weights more, or what the exact dimensions of the
> boxes are, should I just check with their online
> support or something?

You can, or you can just guess. We check all orders and we have quite a bit of experience in estimating the shipping volume. This does not mean we are perfect, but we are are normally very close.

> "There an additional handling fee of 5% of the
> order total when paying by paypal or credit
> card."
> What other methods can I use to avoid this 5%?

Direct debit or cash deposits. I would highly recommend using either of these options.

>
> I'm looking at the costs, just want to verify I
> understand them properly:
>
> Item Cost + Delivery Protection + USA shipping +
> Shipping & Handling to Australia + Return
> Protection
>
> Item costs, just for arguments sake, lets say
> $1000 (probably gonna be a little less)
>
> Delivery Protection = 2.5% of 1000 + USA Shipping
> (which is free), so $25
>
> USA shipping + Shipping & Handling to Australia
> USA Shipping is free, from reading the order form,
> it's gonna cost between $20 and $70 (not sure
> since I don't know how much it weighs)
>
> Return Protection, I don't really want this, since
> I'm not allowed to return the product (it's
> engraved), and unless it breaks down within a few
> months, I'll be back in the USA soon and I can
> just send it in myself.
>
>
> 1000 U.S. dollars = 943.218261 Australian dollars
>
> I see that it's 3 cents off, so it's gonna cost me
> around $1000 for a $1000 product, including
> shipping.

The exchange rate used is shown on the order form. Actually rather than manually working out the costs, just use the order form. It automatically updates the costs as you enter the prices and give you the estimated final cost.
Re: Ordering things...
March 20, 2012 07:50PM
Thanks, I'll just make sure I'm happy with what I want then I'll place my order tongue sticking out smiley
Re: Ordering things...
March 20, 2012 07:54PM
Just had another question actually, Is it possible to get a higher weight limit without tracking? It seems like if I want something >1.8KB, I have to get tracking on it.
Re: Ordering things...
March 21, 2012 07:15AM
ash47 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just had another question actually, Is it possible
> to get a higher weight limit without tracking? It
> seems like if I want something >1.8KB, I have to
> get tracking on it.

Unfortunately not. The economy shipping option has a weight limit of 4 lbs (1.8kg). This is set by USPS. This limitation can sometime make it cheaper to have two separate orders that are under 4 lbs rather than one larger order that is over 4 lbs.
Re: Ordering things...
March 21, 2012 03:49PM
Well, that sucks, on the plus side, I still save a lot of money, just gonna make sure there are no cheaper Aussie sites offering the same sort of thing, and if not, I'll place my order, thanks for you help tongue sticking out smiley
Re: Ordering things...
March 21, 2012 06:51PM
Not much we can do about these shipping rules sad smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login