I am sure if you have a Kindle you have seen the much better and cheaper range of Kindle books that are available to people in the USA. If you want to be able to access these books you can but it is a little complex. Here is the step by step instructions (based of a post on whirlpool)
1. Order an Amazon gift certificate via Price USA.
2. Go to Amazon.com and sign out of your Australian account if you already have an account. You need to create a new Amazon.com account using a new email address. Use a generic email address like gmail.com (with your location set to U.S.).
3. Apply the Gift Certificate to your new USA Amazon account.
4. Register your Kindle online – this is because you won’t be able to use the wireless Whispernet to register the account if you are in Australia.
5. Set up 1-Click payment method associated with your Kindle to make the Kindle books button enabled for purchase. Enter a valid credit card number, but use a USA billing address. You can use any address in the USA – the best idea is too look up a business in www.yellowpages.com in the USA and put that down. This works because once you have add the gift certificate to your new account Amazon won’t attempt to authorise your credit card until you have run out of gift credit.
6. You should now be able to buy USA books on the Kindle. Remember to keep your account topped up with enough credit for what you are purchasing. You will need to select to which Kindle you are sending the book to wirelessly to from the 1-click setting (even though your book won’t be delivered via this method).
7. If you’re given a region error, go to Your Account > Manage Payment Options, and delete your credit card. Try the purchase again. DO NOT go to 1-Click settings after you’ve done this.
8. To download your purchased books and sync to your Kindle via USB, go to your digital downloads on Amazon – Be sure to click on the Downloads tab, then you should be able to see your previously purchased books. Click the Download to computer button. If you have several Kindles on one account, you need to select which Kindle you want to download for, otherwise the DRM won’t recognise it.
9. When you connect the Kindle via USB to your computer, it should appears as a removable drive. You can now just copy/paste file like you would with any file on a usb drive.