A bedhead is an architectural element used to cover the head of a bed. Bedheads come in a variety of styles and materials, some providing additional storage or space for decorative elements. This article will provide an overview of the history and types of bedheads, as well as tips for choosing the right one for your bedroom.
Definition Of A Bedhead
A custom bedhead is defined as a decorative panel that spans across the top of a bed and serves to protect it from dust or other debris entering from above. The structure can be made from various materials such as wood, metal, fabric, plastic or even glass. They are usually designed to match the style and colour scheme of other furniture in the room and may also feature an ornate design such as carvings or etchings. Some models may have shelves or drawers built-in for additional storage space and others may include lighting features that can be used to enhance nighttime reading sessions.
History Of Bedheads
The earliest known example of a bedhead dates back to ancient Egypt where they were first crafted out of reed mats supported by wooden frames covered with linen cloths. By medieval times they had become more elaborate; often featuring intricate carvings depicting scenes.
Types of Custom Bedheads
If you’re looking for a way to add more flair and character to your bedroom, custom bedheads are the perfect solution. They not only make a statement in your room, but they also provide an ideal place to lean back and relax while you’re reading or watching TV. Depending on your personal style, there are several types of custom bedheads available – upholstered, wooden or metal/iron.
- Upholstered Custom Bedheads offer comfort and style with the range of fabrics available on the market today. You can choose from velvet, linen or even leather for a luxurious look that will bring texture and colour into any space. Upholstered bed heads are perfect for those who want to create a warm atmosphere in their bedrooms as they provide an inviting feel that adds softness and comfort.
- Wooden Custom Bedheads give off an air of sophistication due to their timeless appeal and classic design features such as curved edges or ornate carvings. Wooden bed heads come in a variety of finishes including natural wood tones like oak or walnut as well as painted options like white wash or black lacquer which can easily be coordinated with other pieces of furniture in the room.
Benefits of Custom Bedheads
When decorating a bedroom, the bedhead is an important feature that can add to the overall aesthetic and comfort of the space. Custom bedheads are becoming increasingly popular due to their versatility and ability to provide a tailored look in any room. In this article, we will discuss the benefits of custom bedheads.
- Improved Appearance and Comfort in the Room
Custom bedheads offer an excellent way to improve both the appearance and comfort of any bedroom. They can be customized with various colours, fabrics, textures, styles, and designs that suit your desired aesthetic as well as personal needs. For example, if you are looking for a softer look you could choose velvet or chenille fabric for your headboard or if you prefer a more modern look then leather or faux leather may be better suited for your taste. Additionally, custom bedheads can also feature extra padding which helps increase comfort while providing support during sleep.
- Variety of Styles and Colors to Choose From
Custom bedheads come in a variety of styles ranging from contemporary and modern to traditional designs that allow you to create an individualized look for your bedroom space according to your own personal style preferences.
Cost Considerations for Custom Bedheads
When it comes to creating the perfect bedroom, custom bedheads can help take your space from basic to beautiful. While adding a custom bedhead can bring style and personality to any room, it’s important to consider the cost before making your purchase.
The cost of a custom bedhead will depend on the size and design you choose. If you want something simple, like a headboard without additional details or fabric, you may be able to get away with spending less than $200. However, if you’re looking for something more elaborate with intricate details and fabrics, then prices could easily climb into the thousands of dollars. The best way to get an accurate estimate is by contacting a local furniture store or upholsterer who specializes in custom bedheads and getting an estimate on materials and labour involved in making your piece.
You should also factor in any additional costs associated with installation such as delivery fees or mounting hardware depending on how it will be affixed onto your wall or frame of the bed itself which could add another several hundred dollars onto the final price tag. Additionally, there are often other materials that need consideration such as fabrics and padding which can add up quickly depending on what type of look you’re going for.
How to Install a Custom Bedhead at Home or by Professionals
Installing a custom bedhead can add a unique style to your bedroom. Whether you choose to do it yourself or hire someone, installing a bedhead is not complicated and can be completed in a few simple steps.
DIY Installation Steps
- Measure the wall where you would like the bedhead to be installed, and make sure that there are no obstacles such as electrical outlets or other objects that will get in the way of installing your new custom headboard.
- Purchase the materials needed for installation including wood screws, anchors, and other hardware necessary for mounting your bedhead securely to the wall.
- Cut two pieces of plywood or particle board into rectangles that are slightly larger than the area you measured earlier for installation of your headboard so they will cover any gaps between walls and frame when mounted to them firmly.
- Attach these pieces onto each side of your headboard using wood screws or nails depending on what type of material your headboard is made from before affixing it onto the wall with anchors if necessary for added stability.
- Use paint primer and paint appropriate for use on wood (or whatever material was used) to finish off the look before hanging up any decorative curtains.
In conclusion, custom bedheads are an excellent way to add a unique touch of style and comfort to a bedroom. Not only do they offer an elegant and stylish look, but they also provide extra support for the head and neck while you sleep. With various materials, shapes, sizes and colours available, there is sure to be a custom bedhead that fits your needs. Whether you are looking for something traditional or modern, custom bedheads can make any bedroom look stunning.