Who are we?
Price USA is owned and operated by Dr Carolina Tillett. In 2005 I moved to Bendigo with my husband Daniel Tillett, after he took up a Senior Lecturer position at the School Of Pharmacy, La Trobe University. I was looking to start a business which I could fit around our three young boys. After going through the frustration of trying to order an item from the USA, I thought that a service that would let Australians buy from any USA store at a reasonable price would be a good business. I have been running Price USA for more than six years now along with the help of my USA partners.
Why Price USA?
The original idea for Price USA came when I tried to order some childrens party items from the USA that weren’t available here in Australia. The shop I first contacted was not willing to ship to Australia. After much searching I eventually found another shop that would ship to Australia, but they wanted to charge me more than $200 for shipping a $25 order! I thought there must be a better way and the idea for Price USA was born.
Stories in the Media About Price USA
Over the years Price USA has been covered in the national media. Here are a few of the stories that still have active links.
- Beat Australia’s ‘technology tax’: shop direct from the US – APC Magazine
- Freight fees slashed in online war – Courier Mail
- Couch consumers dawn on top deals as Aussie dollar shines – The Age
- Women with children can make fortunes from home – The Sun Herald
- Bargain hunter blues – A Current Affair
- Holiday bonanza as dollar soars – The Herald Sun
- Price USA gives access to American online stores – Lifehacker
- How Carolina Tillett solved the work/life balance – ABC Radio
- Our dollar a winner online – The Herald Sun
- CommSec iPod index – it pays to shop around – switzer.com.au
- Price USA Review – Totally Awesome – ozbargain
- How to get a US iTunes account – BYO inflight entertainment! – Australian Business Traveler
- Food-Irrelevant: How to Circumvent Amazon USA Restrictions! – munching (in) melbourne
- Aussies ripped off by retailers – Choice – The Courier Mail
- PriceUSA.com & Eastbay haul- Vanity Corner
- PriceUSA shipping forwarder from USA – guide & feedback – otca
- Snow lovers drifting online for gear – The Sydney Morning Herald
- Online shopping guide: Shop anywhere without borders – TechLife
- Retail war: web shoppers fight back – Illawarra Mercury
Many of you are interested in knowing what others think of my service. There are a number of forum threads where people have discussed their experiences of ordering through Price USA. Just are few are shown below.
- Price USA forum – the official Price USA support forum. This is the place to ask any questions about our service and leave feedback. There is a large section where previous customers have left their feedback on the price usa service.
- Product Review has a large number of reviews on Price USA. Most are positive, but as with anything there will always be some people unhappy about some aspect of a business.
- Zen 32GB in Australia
- Buying MacPro from USA? How? Should I?
- How to procure an iPhone in Australia?
- Can’t Find An Xe1?, Here’s another option…
- I Want To Buy A Toshiba Hd Dvd Player From Amazon